What do you do when you are an unknown artist? How do you make your way into the competitive music industry? Should you be yourself? Should you get carried away ''by those on top''? How will the public react? All these questions are sure to haunt the heads of thousands of young artists who have the dream to emerge in this difficult music world, as full of glories as of sorrow. I would not be surprised if young Mabel, a 23-year-old British artist born in Malaga, has questioned this too. For those who do not know her, she is a young R&B promise that appeared in the music scene about 4 years ago, when the critics fell in love with her, but she did not cause great impact in the music market. Since then, the singer has released singles, as well as an EP called Bedroom, several collaborations with the top DJ of the time, and a mixtape: Ivy To Roses, at the end of 2017, and relaunched it with new songs at the beginning of this year. My attention is drawn to the way in which this last project has been proposed, which is the one we are going to analyze. We already presented the eternal struggle in the narrative of ANTI, where we explained that the record companies tend to squeeze their singers with songs without personality. Rihanna, due to her status, has managed to avoid this and be heard by herself, but ... what if you are a relatively new artist without any strength in this industry? Well, Mabel has been very smart.
6 albums, 30 tracks
Jun 11, 2019
Official Music Videos
Featuring Version Videos
Remix Version Videos
Static Image Video
- Jun 08, 2019The world's most unlikely cult leader: Edwardian housewife Mabel Barltrop
- Jun 03, 2019Here’s How R&B Star Mabel Starts Her Day
- May 31, 2019Mabel Oboh and hubby hold quiet court wedding
- May 22, 2019Khalid, Dove Cameron & Mabel Cover ASOS Magazine's Summer Issue
- May 22, 2019Mabel Oboh set to remarry
- May 22, 2019Mabel Makes U.S. Television Debut With ‘Don’t Call Me Up’ on ‘Fallon’
- Apr 21, 2019Russell Brand, 43, looks ever the doting dad as he holds daughter Mabel
- Apr 18, 2019Mabel announces debut album High Expectations
Continue reading at Wikipedia...
Mabel Alabama Pearl McVey (born 20 February 1996) is an English singer and songwriter. She rose to fame in 2017, with "Finders Keepers" becoming her first UK top 10 single, with "Don't Call Me Up" later peaking at number three on the UK Singles Chart. Her debut studio album, High Expectations, is set to be released on 2 August 2019.
You May Also Like
Contributors / Perfectionists
Want To Contribute To This Page?
Thanks to the perfectionists
this page is filled with amazing content!
Let’s work together to continue perfecting it for everyone! Below you’ll find the available Tracklistings for this Artist which you can Contribute to. Just select a song & add the version you would like to submit!
- Did We Miss A Song In “High Expectations”?
- Show Less
- Show More
OfficialStatic ImageLiveFancamRemixFeaturingUser Cover
- Did We Miss A Song In “Fine Line (feat. Tory Lanez) [Remix] - Single”?
- Show More
- Show More
- Did We Miss A Song In “Thinking of You - Single”?
Did We Miss an Album of “Mabel”?